In our 2013 report, we described the process we followed to identify our material issues for the business through:
- internal and external environmental scanning;
- scrutiny of our risk register;
- feedback from stakeholders; and
- assessment of management.
Following the publication of our 2013 report, we embarked on a process to define our report content and aspect boundaries, and in so doing confirmed our material issues.
The issues have not changed significantly since 2013, although we have chosen to represent them differently in three stages (below), namely:
- Securing today’s business: those issues that are material to the Group and its stakeholders that determine our ability to operate today (short term).
- Sustaining the business for tomorrow: those issues that we need to work on today and in the near future so that we can sustain the business in the future (medium term).
- Securing tomorrow’s business: those issues that we need to start addressing now so that our business can thrive and grow (long term).
These material issues are addressed throughout our report.